Inland Empire Septic System Installation
Serving Homes & Businesses in Riverside & San Bernardino Counties
When most people think of septic systems, they consider them a relic of the plumbing past. This isn’t an entirely false idea but the conditions that necessitate them still do exist in areas throughout California. As a homeowner or commercial property owner in the Inland Empire or surrounding areas, you may be coming to understand that all it takes for a septic system to look increasingly appealing is the lack of proximity to sewer lines for many properties.
At 5 Star Plumbing, Heating and Air, we perform septic installation in the Inland Empire for residential and commercial customers. If you need guidance on what solution would best suit your needs, one of our qualified plumbing technicians can perform an inspection and advise you.
Call us with any questions you have about a septic solution for your property: (951) 363-2911.
How Do Septic Systems Work?
In the absence of a sewer line for the removal of wastewater, septic tanks serve that valuable function. Rather than waste being removed through the sewer line, the septic system behaves as a fully-contained waste treatment facility right on your property. After the wastewater has been treated, the gray water is eliminated finally through leach fields.
The septic process typically includes the following steps:
- Wastewater enters the first tank of your septic system where aerobic bacteria digest the waste present into smaller particles
- Any waste that goes undigested will collect at the bottom of the tank as a sludge
- Any lighter undigested components such as oils or grease will collect on the surface as a scum
- The middle layer of water is referred to as effluent, and this is what will eventually pass on to the second tank of the septic system
- In the second tank, the effluent waits until it is pushed on by more water entering the first tank
- Effluent will finally travel from the second tank to aleach field or cesspit to be distributed to the soil
Septic System Repairs
The septic tank on your property acts as an isolated and sole-source treatment system for your wastewater, so it is absolutely crucial that the system is maintained to avoid serious backups. Failure of a septic tank can lead to all manner of unpleasantness that we’d like to help you avoid! Our septic repair experts in the Inland Empire can fully inspect and perform any needed repairs on your system to keep it in excellent working order.