It’s no secret that air pollution is a major problem in and around Los Angeles. Keeping the air inside your home breathable and clean can be a challenge, even in eco-friendly homes or homes with brand new heating, cooling, and/or circulation systems. Evaluating your home’s air quality is essential to your health and well-being and that of your loved ones, and at 5 Star Plumbing, Heating and Air, keeping you healthy and safe is our mission.
What Contributes to Poor Indoor Air Quality
In addition to outside air pollution, there are a number of things going on inside your home that could contribute to low or poor air quality, including:
- Asbestos from paint, surface coatings, tiles, insulation, and building materials used to construct your home
- Bacterial overgrowth
- Carbon monoxide from your heater, fireplace, stove, and other fuel-based heating systems
- Formaldehyde in coatings, sealants, and paint (More common in homes built before 1970)
- Mold, mildew, and pollen
- Proliferation of dust mites
- Radon in the walls or in the sediment beneath your house
- Smoke from cigars, cigarettes, hookah, and other tobacco products
When your HVAC system cannot filter out contaminants, it can become dangerous for you and your loved ones.
There are a variety of reasons your HVAC system may not being operating appropriately or may be putting you and your family at risk, including:
- Dirty or dusty air ducts
- Bacterial growth in your heating, cool, or circulation system
- Misuse of cleaning materials or biocides
- Inability of combustion products to vent properly
- Refrigerant and coolant leaks
You won’t be able to spot any of these or identify the source of your home’s air quality issue unless you call a professional. Any of the above issues or contaminants could pose serious health risks for you and your loved ones, so it is imperative that you call 5 Star Plumbing, Heating and Air immediately in order to get the assistance you need.
Call Now for Service in Riverside or San Bernardino County
Our HVAC technicians adhere to the highest standards of customer service and our entire team has earned its reputation for being prompt, friendly, and effective, even (and especially) when responding to emergencies.
Our Inland Empire HVAC technicians are available 24/7. Call (951) 363-2911 to schedule a service today.
“The quote was reasonable and Anthony did a professional job fixing the problem.” - Fran W.